Shepherd University Foundation Announces Faculty Excellence Recipients for 2020-21 Academic Year
The Shepherd University Foundation provided over $25,000 through endowed faculty excellence funds during the 2020-21 academic year. These faculty excellence awards spanned 9 recipients in seven departments across campus.
Faculty excellence endowments help further professional development by covering costs such as travel, conference registration fees, and reimbursement for supplies. Additionally, Shepherd University’s two endowed chairs – the Edward L. Snyder Endowed Chair for Business and the Ray & Madeline Johnston American History Chair Endowment – provide funds which enable Shepherd to attract, recognize and retain exceptional scholars and academic leaders.
The 2020-21 faculty excellence recipients were:
- Cindy Vance- Jerry and Carol Kerr Faculty Excellence for Accounting
- Michelle Files- Jerry and Carol Kerr Faculty Excellence for Accounting
- Angela Busila- Jerry and Carol Kerr Faculty Excellence for Accounting
- Yu-Hsuan Liao- Create the Future Faculty Excellence Award
- Austen Showen- Guy J. Frank Memorial Faculty Enrichment Fund for Music
- Kay Dartt- Louise Shimp Faculty Excellence Award
- Kay Dartt- President’s Faculty Excellence Award
- Ben Martz- Edward L. Snyder Endowed Chair for Business
- James Broomall- Ray & Madeline Johnston American History Chair Endowment
In addition to the above recipients, Dr. Samuel Greene was awarded the Mentzer Award for Inspirational Teaching (MAIT) during the Faculty Awards Ceremony in spring 2021. The $1,000 annual Mentzer Award is given to a full-time professor in recognition for having profound impact on his/her students.
The university’s success in advancing breakthrough research and developing the next generation of leaders depends on recruiting, retaining and advancing great faculty through faculty excellence endowments like the ones named above. To learn more about donating to an existing or creating a new faculty excellence fund, visit shepherduniversityfoundation.org or contact Monica Lingenfelter, executive vice president, at 304-876-5286, [email protected] or Sherri Janelle, executive director of development, at 304-876-5043, [email protected].